- First: This week, commuters in New York City saw their worst nightmare come to life. We’ll break down what happened on Tuesday morning – and why people across the country are on edge.
- Next up: We’ve got the other big headlines from the week: from Elon Musk vs. Twitter, shocking body cam footage sparking protests in Michigan, and the latest from the frontlines in Ukraine.
- ICYMI: The latest inflation numbers have people talking about the “r” word: recession. We’ll ask an economist what to expect in the coming months – and how we can prepare for what’s coming.
- Then: Following in Florida’s footsteps, states around the US are considering ‘don’t say gay’ bills for their schools. We’ll chat with an expert about how these bills affect the lives of LGBTQ+ youth and what we can do to make safe spaces for young people. PS: If you need more resources for LGBTQ+ support, check them out here.
- Finally: We’re taking you back in time to an era where layered t-shirts and Bieber bangs ruled all. We’re talking about Abercrombie & Fitch. But it turns out: there were some dark secrets in those seriously dark storefronts.
On this episode, you’ll hear from:
Want more Skimm?
Sign up for our free daily newsletter
Email us your questions about what’s going on in the news right now
- Subscribe and leave us a review wherever you get your podcasts
Skimm'd by Alex Carr, Will Livingston, and Blake Lew-Merwin. Additional help from Sagine Corrielus. Engineered by Andrew Callaway and Elie McAfee-Hahn. TheSkimm’s head of audio is Graelyn Brashear.
Thank you for your subscription
For a better experience, also consider installing the application.