On the August 21, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter went Halloween shopping.
- Chris released a new 21st Century Spielberg episode.
- Hoai-Tran completed Chloe Ting’s two-week ab shred challenge, to her shock!
- We did a seance!
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Jacob read “Sell Out” by Simon Rich and Dream Team by Jack McCallum.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Jacob, Ben and Peter watched Lovecraft Country.
- Peter watched Magic Camp on Disney+, Live From The Space Stage: A Halyx Story on YouTube, and rewatched Can’t Hardly Wait.
- Jacob watched The World’s Toughest Race, An American Pickle, and We Summon the Darkness.
- Brad watched the first season of Hoops, is enjoying Big Brother All-Stars
- Ben rewatched La La Land and Rear Window, and watched Safety Last!
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad tried Lay’s Carnitas Street Tacos flavored chips and Golden Grahams Toaster Strudels.
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob finished the first “season” of his Alien RPG campaign...and the players immediately requested a sequel.
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Thank you for your subscription
For a better experience, also consider installing the application.