On the July 17, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Jacob is reading The Road to Jonestown by Jeff Guinn.
- Chris read Survivor Song by Paul Tremblay.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Brad, Hoai-Tran, and Jacob watched Palm Springs
- Jacob and Chris watched The Beach House.
- Peter watched Gamemaster, and some more of Unsolved Mysteries.
- Jacob watched The Old Guard. He’s also fallen deeply in love with Schitt’s Creek.
- Brad watched David Foster: Off the Record
- Chris watched Tesla, Supermarket Sweep, and the Criterion Collection Bruce Lee box set.
- Ben rewatched Wet Hot American Summer and Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, and saw The Right Stuff.
- Hoai-Tran watched The Alienist: Angel of Darkness, rewatched Pride and Prejudice.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Peter tried Try Teats, an international snack mystery box. This one featured Croatian and Serbian snacks and candy. Watch the video on YouTube.
- Brad tried Caramel Apple Jacks, Apple Pie Kit Kats, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Ice Cream
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob is running two RPG campaigns this weekend.
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Thank you for your subscription
For a better experience, also consider installing the application.