On the May 15, 2020 Episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter went to the dog beach and that was the most alive he’s felt in 2 months, and started doing DDP Yoga again.
- Brad received an Empire Strikes Back 40th-anniversary package from Hasbro, built the Playmobil version of the Ghostbusters firehouse
- Hoai-Tran is out of quarantine!
- Chris released another episode of 21st Century Spielberg.
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Chris read The Men Who Would Be King.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Chris and Ben watched Capone.
- Peter and Brad saw Josh Gad’s Back to the Future reunion on YouTube.
- Peter started watching Dave, and watched the Survivor finale with friends over FaceTime.
- Brad watched The Perfection, Coffee & Kareem, The Wrong Missy, Solar Opposites, rewatched The Cable Guy, Not Another Teen Movie
- Jacob watched Bad Times at the El Royale, Z, Cursed Films, The Hoarder, Paranormal Activity 3, and Where the Heart Is. He also finally finished The Outsider.
- Ben finished Never Have I Ever, watched Deliverance for the first time, and rewatched Wonder Woman.
- Hoai-Tran watched Celine and Julie Go Boating, Cinema Paradiso, got hooked on Itaewon Class, and thinks Community season 5 is actually good.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Peter went to Knotts Berry Farm and picked up some Boysenberry treats and ate those for an Ordinary Adventures Video (coming next week). Also, we got a make your own Funnel Cake kit and made that, somewhat unsuccessfully. On the way back from the dog beach we stopped at Slaters 50/50.
- Brad tried Caramel Macchiato and Irish Cream Milano cookies, found the return of Dunkaroos.
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Thank you for your subscription
For a better experience, also consider installing the application.