PMU School: A Podcast For Artists by Artists
Congratulations, you’re a PMU Artist! Whether you’re newly certified or an experienced professional, tune in to this free daily podcast and level up your PMU knowledge – in less than 5 minutes! Presented by the American Academy of Micropigmentation Permanent Makeup Board featuring a wide array of industry experts, PMU School aims to help artists gain confidence through education in a fun and simple way. Microblading, Microshading, SMP, Eyeliner, Powder Brows, Ombré, Hybrid Brows, Lip Blush, Areola Restoration…we’ll cover it all!
33. @muniquebrows: Onboarding Apprentices & Being a Good Mentor
Wednesday 21 April 2021
: Learning how to be a great educator is so important in the beauty industry. In today's episode, Mei Zhou of Munique Brows Studio &...
32. @laylahinchen: Machine and Needle Safety
Tuesday 20 April 2021
: Machine and needle safety is a topic that can never be talked about enough in our industry, especially for beginners. Today, @laylahinchen...
31. @browbeaute: Brow Mapping FAQs
Monday 19 April 2021
: Brow mapping is a method used by brow artists to ensure that all angles are even and proportionate to the face. Yet, even seasoned Artists...
30. @modernbeautynj: Why Does PMU Change Colors?
Friday 16 April 2021
: The healing process from PMU procedures can be tricky and unpredictable such as in the case when the PMU changes colors. That's why it's...
29. @jodystoski: Creating Quality Online Courses
Thursday 15 April 2021
: Online training has become more and more of a staple in today's world of beauty education. With that, it's so important for trainers to...
28. @scalpprodigy: Pricing Your SMP
Wednesday 14 April 2021
: Are you struggling to determine your price points for you business? Well in this podcast episode, Benaiah Poindexter of Scalp Prodigy shares...
27. @the.cosmetictattooist: Pigment Properties & Terminology
Tuesday 13 April 2021
: “You can’t truly understand color theory with understanding the science behind it”. In this podcast episode, Leah Richardson, aka the...
26. @cmoorebrowsbeauty: Do's and Don'ts of a PMU Career
Monday 12 April 2021
: Navigating your way through the PMU industry can be tough! Luckily, there are so many trainers to assist in guiding you along the way! In...
25. @joy.v.designs: Success Through Specialization
Friday 09 April 2021
: A common trait among successful Artists in the industry is the ability to specialize in one area of interest whether it be microblading,...
24. @eirhtugmas: PMU As A Transitioning Tool
Thursday 08 April 2021
: With learning how to create a safe space for transgender and gender-expansive clientele, it's important for any PMU artist to fully...
23. @madeira.aesthetics: Making a Difference
Wednesday 07 April 2021
: In this podcast episode, Tami Medeira-Tovar of Madeira Aesthetics shares how you can make a positive difference in any client's life by...
22. allure.brows: Fully Booked Via Instagram
Tuesday 06 April 2021
: In this podcast episode, Daisy Griffiths of Allure Brows shares her top 5 tips for anyone looking to build their beauty business brand and...
21. @lucy_nipple: Get Involved With The Nipple Project
Monday 05 April 2021
: Having nipples that don't fade away is such an important part of the healing process for Breast Cancer survivors as it can help rebuild...
20. @pennylanesofparis: Understanding Basic Color Theory
Friday 02 April 2021
: As a PMU artist, you should become very confident in understanding how colors heal and age in the skin. Thankfully, Pennylane Ritchie of...
19. @mahelia_brow_art: Choosing the Proper Tool & Speed
Thursday 01 April 2021
: Understanding how to utilize your tools is so important for the safety of your client. In this podcast episode, PMU artist Mahelia...
18. @browsandcompany: My Top Tips For Organic Traffic with SEO
Wednesday 31 March 2021
: Looking for new ways to bring in new customers? As Kechia Taylor of Brows & Co. explains in this episode, one way to do this is by...
17. @a_doseof_ink: Do I Need to Take More Classes?
Tuesday 30 March 2021
: Education is important for any beauty artist. That is, knowing how to properly do techniques and practicing them is essential before...
16. @glamourbrowsyyc: Tips For Working With Family
Monday 29 March 2021
: Have you ever thought of or considered working with a family member in the beauty industry? Well in this episode, sisters Jennifer &...
15. @scalpprodigy: Location Location Location
Friday 26 March 2021
: For any new artist, opening up a brand new space for your business can be a daunting task. Maintaining it and even scaling it can be a hard...
14. @victoria.glam: Learning how to collaborate successfully
Thursday 25 March 2021
: Collaboration is so key to your success in the beauty industry. In this podcast episode, microblading and beauty artist Victoria Racca...
13. @enhanced_bytiffanytran: 5 Tips For Better Healed Eyeliner
Wednesday 24 March 2021
: There are many risks associated with eyeliner procedures such as pigment migration or damaging important oil glands. However, if done right...
12. @dermagrafix: Deciding Between Correction & Removal
Tuesday 23 March 2021
: PMU artists face challenges and tough choices every day! One of those is the difficulty of discerning how to handle permanent makeup...
11. @sydthisisprettyinink:Helping Clients With Trichotillomania
Monday 22 March 2021
: In today's podcast episode, cosmetic tattooer Syd Silveous tackles the topic of Trichotillomania - a disorder defined by the recurrent,...
10. @casadepiel: Honest Ways To "Fake It Til You Make It"
Friday 19 March 2021
: Starting off as beginner in the beauty industry can be tough, but it's not impossible to break through and earn success! In this podcast...
9. @madebydr.mckenzie: Prescriptions & PMU
Thursday 18 March 2021
: In this podcast episode, Dr. Brielle Mckenzie shares 5 tips that'll help you when your clients are completing consent forms. These tips are...