PMU School: A Podcast For Artists by Artists
Congratulations, you’re a PMU Artist! Whether you’re newly certified or an experienced professional, tune in to this free daily podcast and level up your PMU knowledge – in less than 5 minutes! Presented by the American Academy of Micropigmentation Permanent Makeup Board featuring a wide array of industry experts, PMU School aims to help artists gain confidence through education in a fun and simple way. Microblading, Microshading, SMP, Eyeliner, Powder Brows, Ombré, Hybrid Brows, Lip Blush, Areola Restoration…we’ll cover it all!
88. Sheila Bella: The Truth About Working With Friends
Monday 06 July 2020
: Should you work with your friends? People say never hire friends. Never hire family. Well, Sheila Bella has done both and she’s here to...
87. @eyelovedallas Answers All Your Brow Lamination Questions!
Friday 03 July 2020
: Trending as a “microblading dupe” or “The Brazilian blowout for brows”, brow lamination has taken the industry by storm. But what...
86. @badgal.brows: Why I Prefer Machine To Microblading For Darker Skin Tones
Thursday 02 July 2020
: If your Fitzpatrick 5 and 6 microblading clients are returning with poor retention or pigment migration you may want to consider switching...
85. Manage Your Passwords Like a Pro with Leslie Huber-Yedlin
Wednesday 01 July 2020
: We use online accounts for everything nowadays and we all know that for maximum security we need passwords that are hard to crack! In other...
84. @thelookbyjoi: How I Lost $13k in 3 Months! Don't Let This Happen To You!
Tuesday 30 June 2020
: Are you afraid to raise your prices? Worried higher prices will scare away your current clientele? But could your low prices could be...
83. Scheduling Your Days For Maximum Productivity w/ @realsheilabella
Monday 29 June 2020
: Sheila Bella is AAM President, CEO of Sheila Bella Corporation, Founder of the Pretty Ambitious Summit, Creator of the Top 100...
81. @inkboutiquehouston: Connecting With Your Cancer Survivor Clients
Friday 26 June 2020
: 3D areola tattoos often come at the end of a long and emotional breast cancer journey. These procedures, while healing, can also present the...
80. How To Build Your Business On A Budget with Lorena Oberg
Thursday 25 June 2020
: Most Permanent Makeup businesses consist of one employee and don’t have a big budget allowance for things like marketing or website...
79. PMU Terms You Might Not Know Are Offensive To People Of Color firstname.lastname@example.org!
Wednesday 24 June 2020
: Could you be offending your clients and colleagues without even knowing it? If you’re using outdated terminology in reference to a Person...
77. Exploring The Variables of PMU with Jeanee Lusby
Tuesday 23 June 2020
: One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to permanent makeup. Every Artist, tool, technique and pigment will have a unique result. On...
78. 3 Tips To WINNING Instagram Stories with Sheila Bella
Monday 22 June 2020
: Are you interested in getting WAY more Instagram story views? Do you want IG story secrets guaranteed to boost your views TIMES 3??! Get...
76. Head Over Heels For Henna with Julie LaFlamme @beauty2brows
Friday 19 June 2020
: Henna dye has been used for thousands of years for body art and temporary tattoos but in recent years, the formula has been adapted as an...
57. PMU For All! Renee Dietzler Shares How To Be More Inclusive In 2020!
Thursday 18 June 2020
: It's 2020 and there is no better time to bring attention to promoting diversity and inclusion within our industry. PMU can benefit so many...
75. Choosing The Perfect Pigment Color with @mahelia_brow_art
Wednesday 17 June 2020
: Has your work ever mysteriously changed colors as you walk your client up to the front desk? If you’re not lucky enough to have a working...
74. How To Avoid Overworking Your Client's Skin @browhaustulsa!
Tuesday 16 June 2020
: You know that tattooing causes trauma to the skin but how do you know if you’re compromising your canvas by overworking it? And what can...
73. The 5 DON'Ts of Instagram Building w/ @realsheilabella
Monday 15 June 2020
: If you’re a business owner and you’re utilizing Instagram to promote your business, all of your posts have ONE job and that is to...
72. @starry.eyes.studio Discusses Online Scheduling with Acuity
Friday 12 June 2020
: Online scheduling can be a game changer. Many clients prefer to self-schedule and businesses report that online scheduling often leads to a...
71. Which Needle Is Best For Thick Skin? with Jill Hoyer and Rose Prieto - PART 2
Thursday 11 June 2020
: What are textured needles and are they a good choice for thicker, oily skin? Is bigger always better when it comes to magnum cartridges? And...
70. Examining the 3 Different Types of Melanin with @mahelia_brow_art
Wednesday 10 June 2020
: You probably know that melanin is the primary determinant of skin color and that it’s also found in hair and the tissue within the iris of...
69. "Is Your Website Is Legally Compliant?" with Natalie Puglisi
Tuesday 09 June 2020
: How much do you know about website compliance? Do you know which disclaimers are legally required and which could limit your liability in...
68. Letting Go of Expectations with Sheila Bella
Monday 08 June 2020
: You need to let go of good to make room for great. In a perfect world, growth would be full of good feelings. Everyone you've ever known...
67. Why Hire A Virtual Assistant? with @lorenaobergskincare
Friday 05 June 2020
: Time is something that you can’t store away or buy any more of and as an entrepreneur, you probably feel like there is never enough of it....
66. @5starbrows: You're More Than Just Your Beautiful Work!
Thursday 04 June 2020
: Is your Instagram feed full of your work but…not much else? You’re more than just your beautiful work! Clients want to get to know YOU!...
65. Dermaplaning 101: Everything You Need To Know with @bodyandbrows
Wednesday 03 June 2020
: Is dermaplaning just a fancy term for shaving? Will this treatment cause hair that’s removed to grow back DARKER or THICKER? Plus, how...
64. Sheila Bella Shares How To Choose A Mentor
Monday 01 June 2020
: With today’s technology, we literally have the world at our fingertips. We can compare and choose who we want to learn from online, in a...