In this interview, Stewart McCutcheon, CIO of Ecolab, Inc., discusses World Class IT principle one, People, principle three, Project and Portfolio Management, and principle four, IT-Business Partnerships, with Metis Strategy. Some of the topics discussed include:
- The imperative of the IT organization’s strategy to look to become a source of competitive advantage for global organizations in the future
- The various ways in which Stewart has built cross-functional capabilities to pull knowledge from the disparate functions of R&D, IT, and business, in a way that enables a greater understanding of the organization’s needs.
- The important yet difficult conundrum of “build” versus “buy” in a global information technology organization, and the strategic importance of customization of systems and processes in creating competitive advantage
- The challenges and opportunities Stewart identified when serving as the lead integrator of two merging companies with distinctive cultures and processes
- Stewart’s unique promotion to CIO from the company acquired in a merger, and potential reasons behind the decision
- Eye on the Trends: The success of high intensity, goal-oriented task forces formed to improve flawed processes, the growing trend of the CIO having core competency as a business person more so than a technologist
The post Stewart McCutcheon, EVP and CIO of Ecolab, Inc. appeared first on Metis Strategy.
Thank you for your subscription
For a better experience, also consider installing the application.